Weekend Training sessions will be:
- Saturday and Sunday Session:
- Morning session is from 9AM - 11AM.
- Afternoon session is from 12noon - 2pm.
Head coaches and the director can make changes to the times depending on weather, conditions or resort management.
- Meeting locations:
- All AM Session leave from the main plaza outside skier services across from the Polar Express lift At 9:00 AM
- PM Session will leave from the main plaza outside skier services at Noon.
Each competitor will be required to specify which category of freestyle they will attend most often:
- Slopestyle (Freeski)
- Skier/Boarder Cross
- Holiday Camp Training is open to all registered athletes
- Camp runs:
- 12/26-12/30 morning and afternoon sessions,
- 12/31 - morning session only.
Mid Week Training-
** Additional cost- Wednesday nights from 6:00-8:00 at Seven Springs
PA Freestyle supports Athletes in EQS B, and USASA level competitions. Coaching will be provided at the events selected by the program director to give athletes the best chance of earning an invite to nationals/states.
End of year travel to postseason events is supported with an additional fee to cover coaching costs.
For athletes who are competing in EQS A / RevTour / Eastern Freestyle Tour / Holeshot Tour level competition, additional travel and coaching fees are required. Please contact Program Director, Kim Harkobusic prior to registering if you're planning to participate at one of these levels.
- All Skiers and snowboarders are required to be USSA basic member.
- Wear a certified snowsport helmet, that is also approved by USSA
- Demonstrate the ability to ski/ride varied terrain
- Meet the minimum standards as set forth in the Program Director(s).
- Each athlete is required to take part in a minimum of one competitive event/venue (USSA and/or USASA) during the season.
- Skiers/boarders will need to be respectful of others and demonstrate appropriate on-the-slope etiquette and good sportsmanship.
- The minimum age for athletes is age 8 as of 12/1 as of this year (start of the season). Younger ages may be accepted based upon an on the slope tryout invite and approval by the program director once the season has commenced.
Mogul (Freestyle) Training:
- Moguls training will typically be set up in the mogul fields on either Tyrol, Stowe, Goosebumps or Alpine slope(s) and will include a jump site.
- Slopestyle and Snowboard training will typically be set up in the North Park, The Alley, the Superpipe or Halfpipe, and Santa's Beard Park.
- Freeriding across the mountain may also be included during training sessions to assist in developing skills sets (edge control, NASTAR course, powder days, etc.).
- BX/SX will use provided BX/SX terrain at Seven Springs. Utilize the NASTAR COURSE, and courses set by our coaching staff. Training on a variety of terrain and features.
MANDATORY NEW ATHLETE TRYOUT:
All new athletes joining PA Freestyle are required to participate in an organized tryout. These athletes may register early to receive the early bird discount. However, if they do not make the team the family will receive a refund for the amount paid.
For athlete’s personal safety, each skier/boarder, must be able to demonstrate to the coaching staff that they can traverse the entire mountain, including all slopes, trails, terrain parks, and lifts, comfortably and safely and without assistance, regardless of snow or weather conditions.
All ski/snowboard athletes will be assessed by our coaching staff for ski/snowboard skills, maturity levels, and coachability.
Contact our Program Director for additional details as to set up a tryout or if there are other questions.
From time to time photographs and videos will be taken during training of athletes for review and general distribution, including the website and social media. If skiers/boarders or parents do not wish to have these materials posted online contact PAFreestyle Staff and note that. Postings in media from events is not under PFSA's control.